Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Being art-venturous

     

It takes courage to put paint to canvas.  That bright white fabric tempts us with endless possibilities, yet terrifies us with the possibility of making the wrong choice.  Of course, nothing is irreparable in paint, but it feels like it is.

Moving you past fear - and into the creative vibe - is the goal of Social Paintbrush.  An evening at Social Paintbrush is a fusion of friends, fun and painting.  Art becomes accessible as well as time to hang out with your peeps.  Social Paintbrush features simple but impactful artworks, designed and taught by local artists. Techniques are met and mastered with ease, and teachers give gentle pointers when a student veers too far off course.  Generally, though, students are delightfully left to their own devices to make the painting their own.  One of the best parts of the evening is walking around to see what everyone else has done. 

I attended my first class in May, by myself, and found it to be a warm, welcoming environment, and I loved the piece I created.  Back again in mid-June, my very good friend Becky came with me.  We had a blast!  I brought homemade fudge to share with the group and received plenty of praise for my cooking, if not for my artisitic skills. :)

Being adventurous goes beyond physical activities. It's important to challenge your mind, too.  Social Paintbrush does just that, with the bonuses of a masterpiece you can take home and bonding with your pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment