Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Earning My Ride in the Dirty Vert

  
Desert Dash is a scrappy little adventure race group in Vegas, which focuses on unique and unusual events.  They are known for their funky, signature medals, called "woodles". 

Partnering with Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon, Glenn and Dana, Desert Dash's founders, created an inspired outing in late April in which you ran and/or scrambled up Red Mountain in Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City and then took four ziplines down. Plus, 50% of the registration fees went to the Boulder City High School Student Success Fund.

The beauty of it, besides the gorgeous views, was that you could pick whatever route you wanted.  You could run the longer, easier mapped-out route.  Or, you could chart your own course, scrambling up the single-track mountain bike trails.  I decided to control my directional destiny, going short and steep.  The effort paid off; I took second place in my heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment