Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bucket List: Flying Trapeze!


Sometimes you have one adventure planned, and another one presents itself totally unexpectedly.  It's adventure nirvana!

This happened to me back in November 2011, when I was in the Malibu area for the Spartan Sprint, a 5K obstacle race.  My husband Mike and I were exploring the Santa Monica Pier, the day before the Spartan, when we happened upon the New York Trapeze School.  I literally squealed with delight when I saw the board listing class times.  Doing the flying trapeze had been on my bucket list forever!

I had just enough time to dash into the shopping district to buy some yoga pants and return to begin class.

Can you imagine fulfilling a lifelong dream surrounded by neon lights and a ferris wheel, while the sun sets on the California coast?!  It was a magical two hours.  The staff was amazing: Dean, who cinched my belt and helped me dismount; Morningstar, who reassured me on the platform and instructed me in how to grab the bar.  Everyone was informative, helpful, funny and good at what they do.  I did a reverse knee hang AND a catch.  It was terrifying and then mind-blowingly awesome.  I love, love, loved it and definitely plan to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment