Thursday, July 19, 2012

Whatever it takes


"Exercise in the morning before your brain figures out what you're doing." Love this one! So true; get it done before you have too much time to talk yourself out of it.

Since I started my lifestyle change in 2002, I've had to continuously adapt in order to keep exercising and eating right. Currently, running in the morning is working for me, sometimes followed by short evening workout. But, when I began, I exercised during the day, on my lunch hour, in the storage room at work. My husband at the time was not supportive of my lifestyle change, and doing it at lunch was the only way I'd stick with it.

As the years have progressed, I've shifted my workouts from noon to early evening to the crack of dawn and back again. In reality, it doesn't matter when you do it. It only matters that you do it. Figure out what works for you and go with it. When it stops working, figure out another way until things change again, as you know they will.

In addition to persistence and consistency, adaptability is key to achieving any important life goal. And isn't it delightful that, no matter which strategy you've adopted, there's a funny quote to support you along the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment